It took me a really long time to try avocado because I’m a picky eater sometimes. (no onions or peppers please) Once I finally gave avocado a try, I was in love.
& Avocado is such a healthy food too! It’s full of healthy fats, around 4g of protein, and a whopping 13g of fiber! Studies have even suggested having an avocado a day for all it’s health benefits!
Don’t know how to eat avocado? Or maybe you haven’t tried one yet?
Check out these 6 Ways to Eat Avocado:
- Let’s get this option out of the way: Guacamole. Most everyone knows that Guacamole is made from avocados but it deserves a mention here, none the less! It’s super easy to make too. Just mash up avocado, add lime, salt, and onion, and voila! (Recipe here)
- Avocado Toast. Super simple but also very versatile. Just mash up avocado and use it in place of butter. You can get really fancy and add things like hotsauce, tomatoes, onions, an egg… The options are endless!
- Baked Avocado and Egg was one of the first avocado recipes I tried. I cut the avocado in half, removed the pit, dug a whole in the egg and broke the egg directly into the avocado. I then baked it at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Baking – You can use avocado in a lot of baked goods. One of my favs. is Chocolate Avocado Muffins.
- Sandwiches – Before I switched to a vegetarian diet, I LOVED sandwiches with turkey bacon, chicken, cheese, mayo, lettuce. That was my jam. I had to re-invent my sandwich though. Recently I’m loving mashed avocado, dill pickles, cucumbers, lettuce, cheese, and mayo. Yum!
- Salad Dressings – My fav. is this Avocado Cucumber Dill recipe, at only 31 calories per tablespoon it’s full of flavor and good for you too!
Avocados are so versatile and so good for you. While some studies say an avocado a day is good for you, please keep in mind that an avocado is 300-350 calories. Don’t get me wrong though, these are quality calories and avocado definitely fill you up.