According to my GoodReads account, I read a total of 27 books in 2016. I mostly read books from the Young Adult genre, usually fantasy/dystopian themed, and I LOVE Steampunk! Read on to find out my favorite reads from 2016!
These are in no particular order:
- I Am Malala – Malala’s story is so inspiring, she is so incredibly brave and courageous. She defied the Taliban, was targeted, shot in the head, and was inches away from death. Luckily, she lived and she is still fighting for girl’s rights to an educated and human rights in general. Not only does she have such an amazing story, but I learned a lot about a culture and country I didn’t know before.
- Library of Souls – This is the third book in the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series. I seriously recommend reading the entire series! The story is awesome and the pictures that accompany it really bring the book to life.
- Lady Midnight – This is the first book in a new series by Cassandra Clare. I was super exited to read it because I LOVED The Infernal Devices series. I liked the book so much that I ended up reading Clare’s previous series too, The Mortal Instruments. I’m a big Cassandra Clare fan now!
- Black Ice – I fell in love with Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush, Hush series so I just had to read Black Ice. I didn’t realize it was such a completely different book! Definitely more suspense then I’m used to! I was expecting something similar to Hush, Hush, but I was not disappointed!
- Lunar Chronicles Series – I found the first book ‘Cinder‘ in the bargain aisle at Chapters. (I find a lot of my books here!) The cover was interesting so I picked it up, and I’m glad I did! Sort of Steampunk meets Sci-Fi!
My goal this year is 25 books, definitely do-able!
Want to follow my progress?
You can follow me on GoodReads and suggest a book for me to read too!
*This post contains affiliate links.*