Everyone loves a good night out. Follow these healthy tips for eating out so you can enjoy the restaurant, but keep your fitness goals in check.
- If possible, check out the menu before you go. This way you can find out the calories before hand and you will know the healthiest option to order when you arrive.
- Share an entree between the table. Many restaurants offer large entrees that you can spread around, which helps you keep your calories in check.
- Skip the bread. If the restaurant you chose offers an unlimited supply of bread, you can ask the waiter to take it away.
- Make smart substitutions, baked potato and veggies instead of fries and onion rings.
- Ask for salad dressings and condiments on the side so you can control the amount you use. Restaurants tend to over do it on the dressings.
- If ordering a burger skip the toppings like cheese or mayonnaise. Cutting out the cheese slice can cut up to 70 calories.
- Drinking water instead of soft drinks will save you 200+ calories.
- Stick to steamed, grilled, or baked items to avoid the fat and added calories of deep dried food items.
- For your main course choose fish or skinless chicken. Lean meats are a healthier option with fewer calories.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the waiter what the ingredients are in a particular meal, or even what the healthiest options are.
With Valentine’s day right around the corner, you can enjoy your night out without worrying about your waistline, these healthy tips for eating out can help prevent over eating and piling on the unnecessary calories. Bon appetit!
Looking for more posts like this? Check these out: