Eating healthy when you are busy is not easy. You have to be diligent, devoted, and above all, you have to be prepared! There is so much temptation out there to grab the quick and easy snack or go through the drive thru that we really need to make a conscious effort to make sure we help ourselves choose healthy options.
I have been really focused on cooking at home, meal prepping, and making sure I have lots of healthy snacks on hand. There are times when I think to myself, “This would be so much easier if I had a ____.” There are certain items that are so worth the investment, especially if you do a lot of cooking and meal prep.
Improve Healthy Eating Habits with These Gadgets
- Kitchenaid Mixer – I was never really a baker before I started cutting out sugar. I really started looking at the ingredients in baked goods I bought at the store. Cookies, granola bars, and even cereals are FULL of sugar! Now that I am making things like protein balls and zucchini muffins weekly, a Kitchenaid is on my must-have list! There are tons of attachments too, I am eyeing the pasta maker and veggie spiralizer now!
- Food Processor – I didn’t realize how much easier my life would be with a food processor. A food processor can chop, slice, and puree in minutes flat. You NEED a food processor if you are planning on making your own hummus – trust me! I make a few recipes with riced cauliflower too, and a food processor comes in really handy!
- Blender – I make so many smoothies. So. Many. Smoothies… I used to use a handmixer – and that will work in a pinch – but a blender makes it so much easier, especially when I want to add ice or make more then one smoothie at a time. Now I can make 4+ servings of a smoothie in a flash!
- Mandoline Slicer – This will save you so much time. It’s quick to use and small so it won’t take up too much space. Seriously, you will save so much time when chopping, shredding, slicing, or cutting! I really love using my madoline slicer when I want to make potato chips in the oven, it’s so easy!
- Fruit Prep Items – Core pineapples in a flash, cut watermelon easily, or slice an apple in seconds. If you hate prepping fruits these tools are for you! I especially love my avocado tool, it cuts, pits, and slices avocado so easily and it’s fool proof! Pretty looking avocado slices, every time!
Let’s be honest – meal/snack prep is annoying, time consuming, and messy. The thing is, it’s one of the best ways to stay on track and eat healthier. Meal prep is something we should be doing regularly. If you are like me and love making your life easier – make sure you check out the above items! There’s nothing better then having snacks and meals ready to go when you are feeling lazy and tired!
*This post includes affiliate links.*