My mom and I pick a day every couple of weeks and do a ton of cooking and baking. It saves time and money when we can just throw a frozen casserole in the oven instead buying fast food. We also like to shop for the best deals. This past week we were able to make 13 frozen meals, 12 school lunches, and 7 loaves of bread, all for under $70.
First off, here is a list of all ingredients along with the total price paid:
- Lean Ground Beef – $24
- 4 500g blocks of Cheese – $20
- 1 Bag of Noodles – $3
- 1 box of Lasagna Noodles – $2.50
- Flour – $5
- 4 Cans of Spaghetti Sauce – $4
- 3 Cans of Soup – $1.50
- One Package of Turkey Bacon – $2.50
- Sliced Ham – $3
- Fresh Mushrooms – $4
Total cost for ingredients = $69.50
With this list of ingredients, we were able to make:
- 7 Loaves of Homemade Bread
- 2 Large Casseroles
- 3 Small Single Serve Casseroles
- 4 Lasagnas
- 3 Small Single Serve Lasagna Casseroles
- 6 Pizza for Zac’s Lunch (He takes half a pizza per lunch.)
- 5 Large Pizzas
- Pizza Pockets
It’s a lot of work but it allows us to save money and eat healthier. We add a side salad to nearly every meal and use lean meats, turkey bacon, and we are skimpy on the cheese. We are looking for more meals to make. What is your favorite meal to make and freeze ahead of time?
That is so neat that you and your mom can cook all of this food together!!