I figured it’s about time I do my Top 5 Race Memories! I have been thinking about it for awhile so let’s jump right in! These are in no particular order.
- July 22nd, 2014 – Miramichi Rock n’ Run. It was only my third race, and my second 5k. I was still very much a ‘beginner runner’ (and I still am!) but I trained for this race, hard. I ran the first 4km without stopping. This was such a big deal for me and I was so excited. I finished the race in just under 34 minutes.
- August 10th, 2014 – Emera Marathon by The Sea. This was the first run that Tim and Becky ran with us! That in itself was awesome! There were RCMP at the finish line handing out our medals too, which was awesome! But the big memory from this race? Forgetting to lock the port-a-potty door and some poor guy opened the door. I felt so bad!
- August 22nd, 2014 – 5 Mile Dash at Dusk. The first time running a distance longer than 5k! It was fun – but it was intimidating! I was so happy to finish in under an hour though, considering we hadn’t trained properly. It was really fun wearing a bunch of glow sticks and running the roads!
- July 4th, 2015 – Mud Hero in Halifax. This race was by far the most fun we have had at a race! We all agreed that it was super awesome and it started my love of obstacle races. I really can’t wait to go again next year!
- May 10th, 2015 – Scotiabank Fredericton Marathon. Our first race of 2015 and also our first 10k. These memories are bitter sweet because we ran a 10k for the first time, which was awesome, but it also caused some wicked shin splints and the realization that I need to seriously re-evaluate my running and training. I should not be getting shin splints all the time!